Hi to all ,

Have driven down to Culmstock wheels - but found on sat ( yesterday ) that I had to put two big bottles worth of water in radiator - cannot see any water on the ground - this morning where I stayed with a friend had to put a pint of water in ( only drove from Taunton to Weston Super Mare ) and had put a bit of water in .

Regards,

Will

I presume you are only filling the rad so that you can just see the water in the bottom of the neck and the rad cap is the correct 4lb long reach type (Quinton Hazel part number FCA 43A)

Stuart.

Will, check there's no water in the oil via the dipstick - contaminated oil looks like mayonnaise.

Check fanbelt tension then leave the car idling in the driveway until at operating temperature. If it's escaping out the overflow, a new radiator cap is the go.

Check the hoses and hose clamps for leaks, radiator core back and front, welch plug in the back of the head and under the water pump.

Check the exhaust for any water or vapour discharge.

Sometimes a fine crack develops where the filler extension joins the upper tank.

On rare occasions the engine releases rust particles that clog the top of the tubes. The top tank then banks up and forces coolant past the radiator cap. A backflush usually clears the debris.

Hope that helps,

Viv.