REAR LIGHTS

HI RECENTLY BOUGHT MY 1969 WHITE UK CP TR6 WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE AMERICAN SPEC REAR LIGHTS

(RED SIDE LENSES ILLUMINATE WHEN LIGHTS ARE ON BUT DONT FLASH) ANYBODY ANY IDEAS OR SIMILAR

SPEC? (HERITAGE CERT APPLIED FOR) CHEERS

Opps! Thought you were referring to the (front) side repeaters, as my 69 CP originally had yellow inserts under a clear lense...which I never seen since on any early car.

Edited by Denis

HI RECENTLY BOUGHT MY 1969 WHITE UK CP TR6 WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE AMERICAN SPEC REAR LIGHTS

(RED SIDE LENSES ILLUMINATE WHEN LIGHTS ARE ON BUT DONT FLASH) ANYBODY ANY IDEAS OR SIMILAR

yes i have them on my car but mines a CC spec car.

does the vin number begin cp or is it cc

richard

Edited by rpurchon

I also have the same red side lenses that you have and my car is a late CR series UK original. I have often wondered if these were special orders (to comply with European regs) for servicemen intending to export to and use in Europe for the duration of a continental posting before returning to UK.

Yours

Paul

Paul,

The red rear side marker lights such as the ones fitted to your TR6 which come on with the lights were only for the North American market. Certain other export markets had the red markers wired up to work with the indicators. For the UK market the lenses were always orange and in fact they weren't wired up albeit it is easy to do so. Most other export markets had the orange lenses and they were wired up to flash with the indicators. Back in the early 80's when BL had a big clearance US rear light units were available at circa £10 a corner and no doubt that is when yours would have been replaced, I know that I bought a pair at the time.

cheers

Derek

I too have the 'marker lights' but decided to keep them as is. The normal sidelights are reasonably inboard in the light cluster so they have the benefit of being more aware to others.

Even more these days when newer cars have Led's stacked up like Blackpool illuminations!

Talking of which, I replaced the front sidelight bulbs (US spec- lights set into bumper) with some Led bulbs found in a local motor factors and now you can see me coming for miles even in daylight!!