TR4 bonnet badge.

MAnged to lose my TR4 badge off the bonnet the other night-whoosh-gone over my head, so need to get a new one.

HAd one sent out from Moss- £47, sold as original, however it doesn't even vaguely follow th line of the bonnet, it curves very steeply, so it touches at both ends, but leaves a good 5mm gap in the middle.

Can any of you recommend a supplier of these  that will actually fit, or perhaps know of any real good used ones?

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

Has your bonnet been accident repaired at some time in the past?? It could affect the curvature.

Try the badge on another car.

Graeme

No, Rob's right, the Moss badges are too curved.

I fitted mine with a big blob of sikaflex in the mounting holes rather than the clips (which are w**k). It doesn't rattle now and is held tight, but still has a gap underneath it.

cheers

Ade

Since my last post, I've had a look at another bonnet badge-probably not original, it has the same cruddy curve, it looks like I'm going to have to live with it, very annoying to have lost one in perfect condition, only to have to pay a kings ransom for a poor copy (strangely sold as original).

But no, the bonnet is the correct shape, thanks for your info re the engine, it would be interesting to hammer ours side by side, mine is bog standard, it would be a good benchmark for you-like a rolling road, but cheaper!

Going off the air at the end of the week, going to be away for a bit-not Parkhurst though!

Rob.