Got a decent TR7/8?

Phil Tucker dropped me a mail a couple of days ago and is looking for TR7s and 8s for the concours at the TR Register International.  There are two main classes: Concours and Pride of Ownership.  Each has a subclass: standard and non-standard.

If anyone is interested, or would just like some more information (Phil gave me a couple of entrants' guidelines sheets) please just drop me a line, or contact Phil directly of course!  (His number and e-mail are in TRaction).

Malcolm.

Malcolm,

I'll be having another shot at it this year now that I've had my minor ding fixed - need to keep the TR7 TR8 in the public eye even if that eye is occasionaly a bit slanted! - keep looking at your avatar of your new car and can't help but feel you should have a confederate flag painted on the roof - perhaps you could weld the doors up as well  :D take another look at the way your car looks in your avatar!

Richard

.... keep looking at your avatar of your new car and can't help but feel you should have a confederate flag painted on the roof - perhaps you could weld the doors up as well  :D take another look at the way your car looks in your avatar!

Richard

v81small.jpg

Perhaps I'll put a union jack on the roof, though I know what you mean.  As for welding the doors shut, I have enough trouble squeezing myself into the car as it is, especially with the buckets and harnesses.  Seriously claustraphobic!

Seriously though, I'm glad you and Chris are entering Concours.  Hopefully a few more of you will be tempted into that or into P-O-O.  I'm afraid I don't have a car for it this year  :(

Malcolm.

Richard, Malcolm,

I saw the real in thing at 'Cars of the stars' last week in Keswick Cumbria, did you know they scrapped around 230 cars making the dukes of hazard?

That was about the only classic I saw all week.

230 cars scrapped is the sort of attrition rate suffered by TR7's every year I think. :;):

Dave

Ive decided to bring DWR 568W, the car used to illustrate the TR8 on the TR Register home page,it is bordeax red mettallic

(looks a bit like brown),4500 miles and Ive never  entered it before.