Leukaemia Rally, Saturday May 14

Im out with Richard 'lucky' Lambley this time again. Great guy to rally with.

Ryan is using an early mounted rack, until now I suspect. Very much more damage prone. Also h chassis can be stiffened a lot to preserve the rack. Having said that Ryan was throwing the car hard between the potholes last time out. For one I was being gentle as from early on we weren't in the running ! Good on you sport.

aRB's .... Well, basically the heavier the front bar the more under steer. Also, the more steering bounce on the bumps. I ran up to 1 and 1 8th but now back to 9 16th as it suits me best.

Rear bars on the loose seem to affect grip disproportionately, so I don't run one. Maybe you'll have different views DR H as your green car and my beastie are chalk and cheese as you found last year when we swapped !

More testing required .... Happy days !

Regards

Tony

Problem: walking dog last Sat slipped over and fell onto rt shoulder - continued painful but as I used to be a Doctor I self diagnosed complete normality and only today went for an Xray as my shoulder refused to work properly - got a fracture

anyway we can't drive on Saturday :angry:

Sorry to miss you all have a good day

Regards

Michael

Not a bad rally all considered.

Didn't really enjoy the amount of built up areas we had to drive through to get to the council car parks which the organisers were forced in to using. Car park, town, Car park, town Car park, town Car park, town Car park, town Car park, town Car park, town Car park, town, then some great forest!!!

As an aside do the military hierachy remember who pays the wages if not the bills? Also who does own the land that they are custodians of?

Test 4 was blind and we ended up making proper pratts of ourselves. Hence a 2m30s penalty for a wrong test. Had it not been for that we would have won by about 40s, hey ho!!

Good news the car is in one piece and we can have another go on the Hughes.

Hope to see you all there, Cheers Ryan.

We didn't wait to see the results as I needed to skid dawdle home, but it was a rough event again. Very fast in the woods and what are really stage venues, but I hated the autotests again ...... Organisers need to lose cones and make them quicker I think ... One was so tight that I tore both lock stops off the uprights slamming the car from lock to lock, and that's not great !