heater help

The heater fan on my '69 six isn't working. there's power to the switch, which is working.there's a green/brown and green/yellow going into the heater box together with an all white wire. I can't find the white wire on any wiring diagram I have...whats it for? where does the earth for the fan motor attach to the car? could it be a bad earth?

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated as I don't want to take all the dash out.

Cheers chris

Thanks both.

Harry, are you sure the white is earth...I took off the nearside hose, looked up into the fan housing and the white APPEARED to be soldered to the same terminal as one of the other wires (green/brown, green/yellow...can't remember which) Thats why I dismissed it as being something else. It does, however look like an original joint.

Cheers

Chris

Guest harry dent

Chris I have the motor in my hands.Green and brown goes to one side of the ballast resistor,green and yellow to the other side or resistor,with the yellow/green looped into push on spade terminal on the motor.Black (in my case but white on my TR5 motor)spade terminal on the other side of the motor

which is the earth lead.If you are still confused I will take a digital photo and send it to you.harrydenttr5@aol.com

regards Harry

My TR6 ['75] had the same colour coding and fixture as Harry said, and the earth wire was black. if I remember right the earth was quite a long wire with a 1/4" ring on the end.

I wonder if some previous owner has replaced the earth with a white wire??

Ron