Battery tray replacement

Hi all, thanks for all the advice regarding LHD to RHD, mostly done, few holes to cut then I'll post some pictures.

Next bit on the agenda is the teabag that is pretending to be a battery tray! We've got a repair panel from Revington for the centre section, but is there a "standard" place to cut and shut it in? Only the centre of the tray is rusty....

Ta!

Chris and Sarah

Edited by ChrisGrainge

I dont know what the Revington one is like but most of the replacement tray panels are pretty poorly pressed so I would be inclined to only replace the minimum that you can get away with. Decide the area to cut out, unpick the spot welds at the front where it folds down over the firewall and at the rear where it folds up under the back wall of the tray area and cut each side of the section front to back with a thin cutting disc and then joddel down each side of the section to be repaired so your repair piece will sit in flush or if your welding skills are now finely honed then seam weld the edges and re-spot the front and rear folds.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for that - that was my initial thought, but then I was worried that perhaps we ought to replace the whole thing to make the repair as strong as possible, good to know that that isn't an issue.

You're right about the pressing, the centre ribs are pressed pretty well, but the wider outer ones are rubbish, so it will be good it avoid using those.

Thanks again

Chris