Firstly,

Which way does the wiring harness route to travel from the right hand side to the left at the front of the car? Does it go over the radiator air deflector?

Secondly,

What holds the rear trim panel down inside the car? (62 TR4) My car has nothing there but the new rear panel has four brass holes in it.

Cheers

Paul

As you are in BC, I assume you are referring to a LHD car. Although there was a major change to the wiring harness at CT9984, the routing across the front valance did not change until CT13298. Prior to CT13298 the front lighting harness ran under the radiator air duct attached with 2 “U” clips on the valance opening. At CT13299 the wiring ran above the air duct attached with 2 “P” clips. The attaching screws for the later “P” clips were later found to be inadequate and at CT15537 were replaced with ¼” longer screws.

If you are referring to the casing that covers the front of the petrol tank, I believe this is attached by chrome #4 slotted trim screws with cup washers.

gary

Cheers,

The car is CT3816 so I'll run the wires under the duct.

Sorry, didn't make myself clear.The rear panel I was referring to is the lift up panel that covers the soft top frame when folded. The top of it is held down buy the aluminium cockpit trip, what holds the bottom?

Thanks again

Paul

There are 4 Lift-a-Dot posts on the floor pan for attaching the rear of the carpet. The rear squab cover fits over these posts between the floor and the carpet.

gary

Just to add a bit more detail to Gary's post -

These 4 lift-the-dot fasteners are longer that the usual ones.

There is a round eyelet in the base of the rear squab cover that

fits over the lift-the-dots, then the carpet is replaced, holding

the cover in place.

Will send a photo when I get my computer fixed, but I can't send

emails at the moment.

AlanR

Just to clarify, the four lift-the-dot fasteners are on the carpet, and hold down the squab with the brass holes underneath. My car is in the shop, so I can't send a picture.