Replacement seats

Does any one have experience of which seats will fit a TR4 please? The suggested conversion is to use the Mazda MX5 seat, unfortunately here in South Africa they are as common as icebergs!!

We have the small Mazda range such as 323's or the newer 3, does any one have any experience on using this type of seat as a replacement, or has any one tried alternative seats from other makes?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

jamie

You'll need to wander around with a tape measure. The critical size is the width of the base at the rear and of the backrest at shoulder height. ie: where the seat slides back between the B post and tunnel, and to allow room for the soft top frame (if fitted). Also you don't want the seat base to sit up too high off the floor.

Early MR2's measured up fairly well and I also came across a Bedford Rascal van that had seats that would fit (really :blink: ) when I was looking around. Good luck on your hunt.

Jerry

Many thanks Jerry, would the Bedford Rascal be the Opel Corsa by another name?

I don't think so. The Bedford Rascal van was the UK version of what was sold in other markets as the Suzuki Supercarry.

Not sure whether that would have been sold in RSA.

Graham

I don't think so. The Bedford Rascal van was the UK version of what was sold in other markets as the Suzuki Supercarry.

Not sure whether that would have been sold in RSA.

Graham

And you wouldnt want to go round the block on those seats never mind putting them in a TR! :lol:

Stuart