Engine Mounting Brackets

Hi guys, could someone shed some light on a question please? Are the same mounting brackets used for all V8 applications (the actual metal brackets that bolt to the block, not the rubber mounts, as I can get my hands on a pair for half the price Rimmers want. My engines an 86 Range Rover 3.5 will the SD1 brackets fit, sorry for sounding so dum but just finished a 12hr nightshift and need slleeeeeeeeeep lol cheers

Hi guys, could someone shed some light on a question please? Are the same mounting brackets used for all V8 applications (the actual metal brackets that bolt to the block, not the rubber mounts, as I can get my hands on a pair for half the price Rimmers want. My engines an 86 Range Rover 3.5 will the SD1 brackets fit, sorry for sounding so dum but just finished a 12hr nightshift and need slleeeeeeeeeep lol cheers

Well, I used the same brackets on the 3.5 litre and the 3.9 litre engines, TR8 ones of course...

The threaded holes are in the same places on both my engines, and in all engine generations actually.

So, thank God - or some foresighted engineer... :lol:

Edited by Odd

Well, I used the same brackets on the 3.5 litre and the 3.9 litre engines, TR8 ones of course...

The threaded holes are in the same places on both my engines, and in all engine generations actually.

So, thank God - or some foresighted engineer... :lol:

Hi Odd thanks for the tip. The brackets in question were SD1 items so would bolt to the block but not match up to the TR8 subframe :( ah well best get on and order a set! Need to crack on now the summers coming ha ha

Hi Odd thanks for the tip. The brackets in question were SD1 items so would bolt to the block but not match up to the TR8 subframe :( ah well best get on and order a set! Need to crack on now the summers coming ha ha

If they are from Rimmers make sure they fit !

Chris

post-3510-0-25027400-1297114824_thumb.jpg

post-3510-0-25027400-1297114824_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If they are from Rimmers make sure they fit !

Chris

Got them from Robsport as they were a bit cheaper, fit well but when the mounting rubbers are attached it doesn't properly line up with the subframe. That was bought a while ago off of fleabay and is apparently a Grinnel converted one tis only a little bit of fettling needed :)should be up and ready for the spring!!! yeah right!!

• 1 month later...

Got them from Robsport as they were a bit cheaper, fit well but when the mounting rubbers are attached it doesn't properly line up with the subframe. That was bought a while ago off of fleabay and is apparently a Grinnel converted one tis only a little bit of fettling needed :)should be up and ready for the spring!!! yeah right!!

IRMC