Pipes on SU H6 Carburettor

I have a TR4A on the first carburettor there are three pipes on the top of the float chamber.

Two pipes are for the petrol feed from the fuel pump and the other to the second carburettor.

What’s the thread pipe for?

Should it be connected to sum thing as sum petrol comes out.

I have a TR4A on the first carburettor there are three pipes on the top of the float chamber.

Two pipes are for the petrol feed from the fuel pump and the other to the second carburettor.

What’s the thread pipe for?

Should it be connected to sum thing as sum petrol comes out.

Dear TR4HG

It depends which carburettors you have stromberg or SU, I believe you should have strombergs on a 4A but it doesn't really matter. If you have 3 connections on the first carb it sounds like you have SU H6 fitted Generally you have an inlet an outlet and an overflow on the first carb and just an inlet and overflow on the second. If you have fuel coming from the overflow then you either have a problem with the float being badly adjusted or the needle valve sticking open (part 131 on attached link from Moss)

Moss Link

Cheers

Alan