Do you know OVR 216R?

I'm considering buying OVR 216R a road/race TR7V8 FHC.  It's owned by Andrew Sedgewick of Burnley and has been in the Register since 1989.  Does anyone know the car/owner??

Malcolm.

I did.  It's ready to sprint/hillclimb, but am I  ???  After a couple of trackdays to shake it down I hope to find out.

Road/race TR7V8

Dave.  It's funny you should call it 'the beast'.  It was known by the last owner as 'the thing'!!

Malcolm.

it looks a bit scarey & malevolent, but I quite like the looks!

Lots of street cred & much better than a souped up Nova with blue undercarriage lights which now seem to be the norm.

BTW did you receive the details of my recent acquisition? I have now found the VIN under the paint job. it's T045820CG which I think dates it to an early Canley, do you agree?

Dave :)

Dave.

You quoted the date of registration as 1/2/77.  This makes it a Speke car for sure.  Speke production ended in May 1978.

The VIN/commission number will have the format: ACG nnnnn.  Being a Speke car look for the serial nos. plate on the rear edges of the doors below the lock.  It will also have the paint code and trim codes.  Check this LINK for more information.

Cheers

Malcolm.

I must admit the code confused me, I will look for the elusive plate on the door but I think they were replaced before it was re-sprayed.

I am going to try and save it though because it's the same as my first one in 1979 and the Speke ones seem to be getting rarer.

Dave

:)