Loud Suspension!

Does anyone know a remedy for squeaky urethane bushings? The ones in question have about 10 years and 8000 miles, and the noise has become rather obnoxious. I'm hoping some kind of spray/liquid will do it - anything short of complete replacement.......... :(

Tom

My bushings came with a lubricant which was liberally applied prior to installation - no squeaks so far - touch wood!

A couple of months ago I replaced the rubber spring cups with Eurethane ones which did not come with lubricant - eeeh, eeeh, eeeeh!!

Rather than R/R the lot, I used aerosol lithium grease (white), sprayed liberally, and it seems to have done the trick, although it did take a couple of hours driving to settle in. The great thing is that it's clean and very fine in the aerosol form, so it could possibly work for you.

R

Thanks, Roger.

Aerosol lithium grease - I'll give it a try!

I just put some new urethane bushings in another car last summer which seemed a little oily, and used a silicone grease when installing. They are quiet so far, too.