seating position

Chaps,

Finally got the drivers seat bolted into the jalopy last night, but I noticed one problem, I only just fit in the car!

The original steering wheel is almost touching my legs. Now the car is a '62 but came with re-upholstered seats that are from a 4A.

Have I buggered something up when I refitted the steering column or is this normal? I didn't have this problem in my TR3a!

Paul

Not sure about TR4 but probably should be the same or similar to TR4A, in which case I always found Lynda's TR4A a bit roomier than my TR3A and I dont think it was just down to the smaller steering wheel. I'm a $horta$$, so seats right forward on both cars. I'd guess something not quite right with your column installation.

In my experience, one can increase the clearance by moving the steering wheel back as far as possible. That also maximises the impact absorption in the steering column. Newly reupholstered seats sit higher, also reducing the clearance. In any case, it's a tight fit.