Hello All

I have just bought a TR7 with the registration GRD 84 W from Robsport. Apart from a few old MoT certificates it hasn't much history with it but it does have a TR Register sticker in the back window. A long shot I know but I just wondered if any previous owners are on the forum, or even if anyone on here knows anything about its history.

Any info greatfully received.

Hi Gordon.  All I can tell you is that the car was registered with us by a Mr Geoffrey Allen of Burwell in Cambs in October 1992.  Mr Allen notes that the car was in very good condition but that its' history is unknown.

If you want to know more: you can get a build record from the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon for £28 Heritage Certificate.  You will also be able to contact the DVLC (as the cars' current owner) and request details of the previous ones.

According to the RAC vehicle data check: it is green, was manufactured in December 1980 and has had 4 previous owners.  The last change of ownership being 18th June 1992.  This suggests that Mr Allen was indeed the last owner.

Regards

Malcolm.

Hello Malcolm

Thanks for that information. Geoff Allen certainly matches with the last name on the V5. The owner previous to that seems to have kept the car for 8 years. I shall certainly be contacting Gaydon re the Heritage certificate once I have worked out which numbers they want.

Checking out the few previous MoT certificates that were passed to me it seems that the car has only covered 633 miles between an MoT test in Oct 99 and the latest one just done. I guess that's why it got sold on.