Pushrod Tubes

Not quite sure how these are fitted into the head but I seem to have a continual slight seep of oil around the base of the 4 at the rear of the head. Nothing dramatic but I suppose this has the potential to get worse. Even when cleaned up and left to stand for a few days oil re-appears in small quantities. The rocker cover gasket has been changed and tightened to no avail. Local group members puzzled. Any thoughts please.

Rod

I believe that the push rod tubes are held in the head by having both ends flared. I replaced 2 tubes some years ago by using a nut,bolt & washers of suitable length together with two disc wheel nuts to form the flares. Tighten up the nut & bolt and the push rod tubes are retained in the head - worked for me. I also used some hylomar to aid the sealing process.