Rocker Shaft Oil Feed Kit

Hi Jochem,

nice test you have done, wish a had a lathe:)

If I read your post correctly: I’m sure you are aware that with the first test (via normal oil route), the camshaft is not turning so the flat area on the rear cam journal is not metering; this will influence the amount of oil to the head.

The real test will be the pressure drop at idle with a warm engine.

Keep us posted.

Gruesse,

Waldi

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

ordered new rockers and rockershaft from Rimmer. The shaft is hardened. The rockers need a final bore (hone) to fit on the shaft.

I also got the spacer kit. Did not install it. Some spacers do not fit, the shims required are not sufficient. I may have the make a shim myself.

I installed the rocker feed kit. I am using the connection at the aft camshaft bearing. I am not seeing any significant oil pressure drop. I tested everything with my adapter on the oil pump. After a short test drive I removed the valve cover and seeing significant oil everywhere. As long as the cork gasket can withstand the oil, I will keep on going. At least till my engine #2 is ready. I may use the silikon gasket...

Summary: I understand the oil feed kit may not be the perfect solution. But I hope this will get me going for at least this season. At least sufficient oil is there to keep the rockers going.

Jochem