Question: Central locking Minilites/replicas

Yesterday afternoon, I met a fellow TR3A owner who happens to live nearby. We started talking about TRs and he told me he was looking for central locking Minilites or even better: alloy replicas. But, not the bold on version, he's looing for the version with the central lock system. He currently runs the car with 60 spokes chromed w/wheel, but he's tired of polishing them ;) This guy isn't active on the forum (in fact, he told me he's 'digitally challenged' - he gave me his phone number, he doesn't have an email address! Somehow, I love this old school kind of living)

He's looking for the alloys with central lock, because he already has the splined hubs on the car. I can relate to that. Although I'm not sure that the ones he's currently using are the same splined hubs, suited for the alloys.

His question was a simple one, but I couldn't answer it: he told me that most replicas are 5"5' wide and he wants to run the car on his current 165x15 tyres. Do these wheels come in a smaller version? Let's say 5" or even 4"5, suited for the 165x15 tyre?

Perhaps one of you guys know the answer?

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij

Hi Menno,

I bought a set and the "knockon" splined hub was an option. I think you can have these on any width of The minilite replicas. Bought them for winter use to save cleaning.

Still in the boxes as yet as are the wire wheels.

Talk to Lucas a TR Shop in London.

Rgds

Rod

Hi Menno

I think that Carl at TR Trader has just got some for a local TR6 owner. I know he struggled, but I think he got them finally.

I think the idea was the same as your friend - wires, but wanted minilites as an option.

TR Trader +44 (0)161 485 5005.

Not connected - just a happy customer.

Roger