Heater blower switch / wiper motor wiring

1962 TR4 wiring question;

The book shows the green wire from the wiper motor going to a common connector which is linked to the voltage stabiliser (located above the heater blower box drivers side). The book also shows one of the heater blower wires going direct to the fuse and then to the votage stabiliser.

The wires I have avialable don't allow me to do this - the only thing which makes sense is to take the green wire from the wiper motor (which has an original spade connector on it) to the heater blower switch and then from the heater blower switch to the common connector which is linked to the voatage stabiliser. Does the heater blower switch have to be directly linked to the fuse?

I also have a brown and green wire above the heater blower box (next to the common connector) which seems not to be connected to anything???

....also where does the distributor vacuum pipe connect to?

Thanks!

Hi,

A green/brown wire goes from the 'turn signal flasher' to the 'turn signal switch' however could the wire in fact be a black/green one in which case one end goes to the wiper motor & the other end to the wiper switch.

Unless the loom has been messed about with I would have thought all the feeds would be built in. They were on my new LHD loom.

RHD cars my not be the same however my voltage stabiliser is mounted high up on the inner wing.

ae173q.jpg.jpg

Click on thumbnail

Do you have any spare connectors around that area?

On my TR4 the vacuum pipe goes to a taping which is located under the carburetor.

Steve

iz7onc.jpg

Click on thumbnail

Edited by Steve Brababazon