Hello,

Some time ago I purchased a set of piston, rings and liners. Piston and rings are from County.

The rings came in plastic bags, indicating the respective positions in the piston grooves, but with no other information as to which side goes up and down in the grooves.

The first compression ring seems to be of rectangular cross section, and there is no label on the ring, so I assume that it can go either way.

My problem is with the second compression ring, with a stepped cross section. Which side of the ring must face the top of the piston, the wide or the narrow one?

Thank you for your help.

Jesus

Oops.

I just found a post from last Tuesday, stating that:

“The TR shop say that the ring with the step is the midle ring, with the step facing down”

Well, does this mean that the NARROW SIDE must face down?

Thanks.

IMG.jpg

Can't seem to turn the picture- this came with my County piston/liner setup.

Rod

Thanks Rod,

My rings resemble vaguely those in Figure 5b, but instead of a “tooth” they have only a step.

Nevertheless, the information is useful, and seems to confirm that the narrower ring face should look downwards.

Jesus