No pulse to injector

Having stored my 1975 PI for 6 months i am now having problems with Injection. I initially had a weak pulse on No 5 which i sent off to Rimmers and got an exchange unit. After running ok for 1 weekend i then had no pulse on No 4 with no spray when tested. I swapped with No 3 proving it was the injector. Another exchange unit and it ran fine for about 10 miles until parked up and then started again on 5 cylindars. On looking at No 4 , no spray from the injector. Rimmers have suggested i have an Air lock, can someone tell me how to bleed the system, i have also had the Injector pipes off from the union but not the unions themselves.

Hello Hully

Sounds like you have Debis in the fuel System. Change the Petrol filter. If there is no petrol comeing out in a cone shaped spray you can pull the tip of the injector and that will normally shift it.Recond injectors from prestige injection are about £19.00 each. To bleed the system just run the run the car varing the throttle and that will pull the petrol through. May take a while.

Lee

Thanks Lee,

have tried pulling the tip out and still no fuel came through, my first thoughts were that i had debris but now i am not so sure as i have just had the car running again this morning and it is ok. I can gaurantee that it will not be later today. Another observation which has baffled me is that when i take a good injector off the pipe and crank the engine no fuel comes through the pipe, yet as soon as i put it back on i get the conical spray. Is this correct ie has the system to be pressurised to let fuel through to the injector?

Thanks again

Hi

Also check that the petrol pump pressure is correct. I had many of the same problems and low pressure from the pump fooled me.

Lots of posts here about bleeding the system. Check them too.

Regards from PIAA

Having stored my 1975 PI for 6 months i am now having problems with Injection. I initially had a weak pulse on No 5 which i sent off to Rimmers and got an exchange unit. After running ok for 1 weekend i then had no pulse on No 4 with no spray when tested. I swapped with No 3 proving it was the injector. Another exchange unit and it ran fine for about 10 miles until parked up and then started again on 5 cylindars. On looking at No 4 , no spray from the injector. Rimmers have suggested i have an Air lock, can someone tell me how to bleed the system, i have also had the Injector pipes off from the union but not the unions themselves.

Hi Hully - I see you are a Register member, so my suggestion is get your 'CD Technicalities' disc and go to section L on Petrol Injection issues especially the very informative Service Training Centre Cards - wealth of information there it helped me recently and "touch wood" so far car going great.

Regards