About to attempt to service and restore original AC Fuel pump and need any advice or tips/solutions to replace the seal on the diaphragm piston.

Is it a case of stripping down the cam and manual pump lever to access the seal or is there a quick way to replace it? The design of the lower piston location tag creates a danger of nicking the new seal.

Any help advice gratefully recieved.

Rgds

Rod

Nothing wrong with Facet pumps, I use them myself, but Rod is restoring TS430 to its original (and unusual) spec, or as near as he can make it. Facet is not an available option in the circumstances !! This early TR2 came with some interesting, possibly unique, quirks but Facets weren't around then . . . . ;)

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Guys,

The cat is out of the bag as they say, I am restoring TS 430 which was built in early January 1954.

Facet pumps are very good and I have used them also on rally cars. But just not possible for me to use.

My car is as Alec says a very early one and as such I intend where possible to keep it as original as possible.

All you guys that have spares from upgraded cars let me know if you have early parts that would be relevant on a January 1954 car.

I managed to source a full rebuild kit from a guy including the correctly orientated diaphragm piston and oil seal. The guy could not have been more helpful and the very reasonable cost of £20 plus the postage. He also confirmed the method to replace the oil seal that gives so much trouble. Thanks for the sterling advice Stuart.

In addition he supplied the contact for the original master cylinder to be rebuilt and returned ready to fit. The guy has been doing these for years and warrents all his work. Will update later on this one as soon as.

Rgds

Rod