Value of rear screen and hardtop?

I am currently converting the old girl to a soft top as she really only gets used when the sun's out!

I was offered £900 for the rear screen and hardtop by the dealer that sold me the hoodframe and soft top without even seeing it.

So my question is - : what is the rear frame and glass, the hardtop, the surrey top and folding sticks worth on the secondhand market. I see there is one for 2K in TRaction this month!

Simon

I am currently converting the old girl to a soft top as she really only gets used when the sun's out!

I was offered £900 for the rear screen and hardtop by the dealer that sold me the hoodframe and soft top without even seeing it.

So my question is - : what is the rear frame and glass, the hardtop, the surrey top and folding sticks worth on the secondhand market. I see there is one for 2K in TRaction this month!

Simon

Depending on condition/ if its an aluminium roof section/ good rear glass with good original seals and headlining etc then anywhere between 1K and 2K :o and also depending on what people are prepared to pay ;) .

Stuart.

Simon

Simon

Price depends on how desperate somebody is to get their hands on one, but anything less than £1,000 seems very cheap given prices realised in recent times for original surrey tops. I know somebody in our local group who wants one for his TR5 - can forward details if you're interested (no personal connection).

Simon

I guess it's down to supply and demand (and a bit of hype) as to its value.

But I would think that if the dealer is prepared to pay you £900, he obviously thinks that he could sell it for more and make a tidy profit.

So, you may as well have that profit too by maybe putting it on Fleabay.

Regards

Peter

Simon

I guess it's down to supply and demand (and a bit of hype) as to its value.

But I would think that if the dealer is prepared to pay you £900, he obviously thinks that he could sell it for more and make a tidy profit.

So, you may as well have that profit too by maybe putting it on Fleabay.

Regards

Peter