My TR3A has 195 65 R15 tyres. Could anybody advise what the pressures should be Thanks David Johnson

24F 26 or 28 rear and then adjust up or down to suit your own taste. I would have thought they may be a tad large for a 3a and would make the steering pretty heavy.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, they are a tad large, but with the R & P steering its actually very good at most road speeds, not good for detail parking though. David.

My TR3A has 195 65 R15 tyres. Could anybody advise what the pressures should be Thanks David Johnson

Dave, I just had the same size tires on my TR3B. I drove the car for a year with them. They were radials, on wire wheels, WITH TUBES. First, none of the tire manufacturers want to address this question: tire pressures for wire wheels with tubes. The PO had 35 lbs in them. Too high for my tastes, so I dropped each tire to 30 lbs. I was comfortable with the performance, so I left them there. I was prepared to go as low as 26 rear 24 front, or something to that effect, but I didn't need to.

I just installed Vredestein 155s on there, with tubes also. Vredestein had NO RECOMMENDATION for tire pressure. The gent who installed and balanced the tires (a Goodyear dealer) put 35 lbs in each. Again, I dropped them to 30, and will probably leave them there, or maybe drop them to 28 or 26 lbs as the weather heats up.

This is a round-about way of telling you that there is no definitive tire pressure. Experiment, as it all depends on what type of driving you are going to be doing.

P.S. I dropped to the 155 BECAUSE I WANTED A DANG SPARE TIRE !!!!!!!

David

For me, the definitive advice on wheels and tyres can be found in a series of excellent articles in TR Action (March ,June, August and November 2002)- I know because I dug them out myself recently and have been impressed again at just how comprehensive they are. I believe the March one contains the low down on pressures. If you do not have back numbers, the register may be able to help. Failing that, I am sure someone with a scanner (not me unfortunately) may be able to oblige and email pdfs.

Martin