More help needed to assemble front supension

Having been away from it for a few weeks, I am now back on re-assembling the front suspension.

Although I took pictures as I dismantled it, I clearly didn't take enough and I can't work out the details for fixing the brake calliper brackets to the vertical trunion.

The top two long bolts are fairly straightforward, they go through the calliper bracket and the trunnion followed by a spacer tube on each and then the steering arm, but I can't work out what to do with the lower bolts. When I dismantled the suspension I kept all the fixings together complete with any tab washers so I know which bolts went through the bottom hole in the calliper and into the tapped hole in the trunnion but there was also appear to be a nyloc nut involved. I could see how that nyloc nut could be used as added security for the bolt if there were a machined/counterbored area on the rear of the trunnion for it to tighten onto - the problem is that there isn't. The back of the trunnion is rounded and wouldn't provide a good surface (note, this is in contrast to the top two holes in the trunnion which are untapped and have a counterbored area for the spacers to fit into.

Does anyone have a photo showing the detail of the lower fixings at the rear of the trunnion where the calliper bracket bolts to it pls?

Many thks Ian

Hi Ian

I've just stripped the suspension off my TR2, to which I fitted TR3 disc brakes some years ago.

The rearmost bolt just screws straight into the appropriate hole on the vertical link, and does not protrude through the link very much.

The forwardmost bolt is longer and screws into the lower forward hole. The extra length of thread then has a washer and nut to secure one bracket of the disc dust shield. the other two brackets fitting onto the caliper bolts.

Regards Les

Hi Ian

I've just stripped the suspension off my TR2, to which I fitted TR3 disc brakes some years ago.

The rearmost bolt just screws straight into the appropriate hole on the vertical link, and does not protrude through the link very much.

The forwardmost bolt is longer and screws into the lower forward hole. The extra length of thread then has a washer and nut to secure one bracket of the disc dust shield. the other two brackets fitting onto the caliper bolts.

Regards Les

Problem solved. Many thanks Les, although I don't understand why they didn't machine the rear surface of the trunnion to provide a flat area for the connection.

Rgds Ian