tr8 shifter bushings

I am having major problems replacing the shifter bushings in my tr8. I have removed the console and access plate over the trans but there is no way I can get in there to replace the bushings..... I have already dropped two that I have to fish out of the crossmember! any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary.

Guest Wayne S

I did it without dropping the box quite easily :huh:

Did the top ones from inside the car by stripping out the trim from around the tunnel. Then did the bottom ones from underneath laying on my back in the gravel drive :rolleyes:

Took me a couple of hours all told - didn't seem a difficult job to be honest. I think the secret was to loosen the bottom bolts so I could wiggle things about to get my hand in.

Edited by Wayne S

Gary,

You may give yourself a little more room to play with by undoing the bolts that hold the gearbox carrier underneath just to the end if the threads and letting the gearbox drop a little.

I found it a bit of a fiddle but it can be done in situe.

Good luck

Ian