Side/Repeater units

Can anyone give an opinion regards the quality of the units that are currently available from our usual parts suppliers.

I notice that prices vary from about £200-£247 depending on the supplier and that the chrome base can't be bought seperately.

Edited by DJF

Hi Bob,

Being here in the states I don't get TRaction. My loss for sure.

With regards to the brass sidemarkers - what'd the article have to say? Seems like a very nice piece (they advertise on US ebay too) - but I thought someone had vaguely referred to them not quite following the body contour (by as much as 10mm if I remember the critique). Does the article mention them in a more positive light? I ask, cause the seller is in Germany and that's a long way to deal with a defective or poor fitting part.

Thanks....Dan

Dan, The article to which I refer was in TRaction 241 (March 2010). I am unsure of copyright implications so I will not quote from it directly. The article was from a gentleman named Dave Seer had just taken delivery of a pair of front side markers from this company that he appeared to be more than happy with and stated that they were just over 50% of the price of the "new" Zinc die cast versions. I am not aware if he has fitted them to his vehicle or not; perhaps if he is on the Forum he might care to update the rest of us?