Wanted a Fuel Guage sender unit for TR8

Hi, as the title suggests I am looking for a fuel guage sender unit for a carbureter engined genuine TR8. It appears to be different to a TR7 one as it has no fuel outlet pipe with it. Having said that a TR7 one may work if I block the pipe up. Perhaps someone could advise.

If this should be on for sale and wanted perhaps a moderator could move it for me.

Cheers John

Edited by John390

John,

You our correct a genuine TR8 tank as two holes in it, one for the pump and the second is the return which the sender is on.

You can get from either Robsport 'sometimes on ebay' or S&S Preparations. The difference is one has a straight tube and the second type as a bent eldow pipe but both to my knowledge are the same on the inside, but if you are changing over from the elbow type to straight - note the fuel hose will be short.

Before purchasing a new sender unit suggest you check the original one might, only need the plastic float replacing / new rubber seal fitting.

Hope this helps. :D

Edited by tr7jim

Thanks for your feedback. I had thought that I might be able to repair the old unit but by the time I get the car on the ramps and pull it out it would be easier just to put a new one in. Job done. Bearing this in mind I have just ordered a NOS unit from S&S. I still might be able to repair the old one as a spare!

Cheers John