rear wheel cylinder - what bore size?

Hi all, can you help please?

I am wanting to fit new rear brake cylinders to my TR3a. The chassis number is 54604 which according to the moss catalogue should have wheel cylinders no GWC1154 with 5/8 (.625) in bore. Other suppliers sell the same part with .7in bore. Which is correct or can I fit either?

cheers Steve

Hi all, can you help please?

I am wanting to fit new rear brake cylinders to my TR3a. The chassis number is 54604 which according to the moss catalogue should have wheel cylinders no GWC1154 with 5/8 (.625) in bore. Other suppliers sell the same part with .7in bore. Which is correct or can I fit either?

cheers Steve

The .625" brake cylinder is no longer available it has been replaced by the .70" brake cylinder. Moss UK still carries the rebuild kits for the .625" brake cylinder if you want to rebuild the original one. Perhaps someone knows a source for the .625" cylinders but I was unable to find them.

Robert

The .625" brake cylinder is no longer available it has been replaced by the .70" brake cylinder. Moss UK still carries the rebuild kits for the .625" brake cylinder if you want to rebuild the original one. Perhaps someone knows a source for the .625" cylinders but I was unable to find them.

Robert

Steve, Remember that you MUST fit wheel cylinders of the same bore on either side of your rear axle, failure to do so will give you real brake problems with the car not pulling up in a straight line.