Anybody know of ?

I am going to look at a tr5 in cambridgeshire over the easter weekend. I have been told that the major restoration work was carried out by a Bob Owens and Dave Lewis.

Any info on these chaps or a contact number would be useful

thanks in advance

:D

Guest Marvel901

Rex,

If this turns out to be a restoration that isnt! I would be pleased to know.  Commercial full restoration is now inviable unless the original car did not need a full restoration.  A full restoration will take around 1000 hours,  maybe less for a pro but still at £30 hour or so for a pro + parts + profit + VAT then it amounts to a large cost. A full restoration done pro, sold by a dealer, that is 15K or so is not a full resto but merely a work over. I spent 1500 hours on mine over 3.5 years cost me < £24K in parts + the original cost and though I sold it for a top price (19K... I lost a whole lot of money) however ...that is not why I either restrored it,  or why I sold it, and whats more I'm looking for another, but just beware of a 'restored car' most.. in my experience,  are far from it...

Would be interested to know what you find, cos everyone seems to be luckier than me at finding these 'bargains'

Best wishes

Ian

Hi Rex,

You are or have looked at a Red TR5. I am Dave Lewis, I helped with the restoration of it. It was done to a reasonably high standard.

If you want more info you can phone me here in Spain if you wish 0034 965488352 or log on to the link on my website.

Regards,

Dave Lewis