TR4 Original Parts

Hi

Recently bought a 1966 TR4 IRS red, with black interior, a bit of a boyhood dream so proud as punch…

Loads of work has been done but needs some bits t bring it back to original spec

1. Previous owner has put TR6 or similar alloys on I want to replace them with Wire Wheels

2. The steering wheel is small and leather I want to replace with the original (wooden one I think)

3. The seats are smart but I suspect not original, bucket type with headrests, may also from a TR6

I know there are lots of options but I need a supplier that can help me with enthusiasm not just profit as a motive…

Can any of you help?

Best Regards

John

Hi

Any of the main suppliers can sort out wire wheels (60 spoke painted are original for TR4/ 4a)

The steering wheel is a large 3 (multiple) spoked affair, which unless you have quite short legs, will be awkward to use.

There was a factory option wooden wheel (Formula Brand) which is smaller. Most use Moto-Lita type.

Seats do not have headrests

Try and get hold of a copy of Bill Piggott's book "original TR4,4a, 5,6" for more details (TR-Register shop can supply).

Ade

Hi

Any of the main suppliers can sort out wire wheels (60 spoke painted are original for TR4/ 4a)

The steering wheel is a large 3 (multiple) spoked affair, which unless you have quite short legs, will be awkward to use.

There was a factory option wooden wheel (Formula Brand) which is smaller. Most use Moto-Lita type.

Seats do not have headrests

Try and get hold of a copy of Bill Piggott's book "original TR4,4a, 5,6" for more details (TR-Register shop can supply).

Ade

Thanks for that, I have sent for the book, should have looked.

I guess road wheels and Steeing wheel is the priority, but the seats actually are quite good, but I guessed were not original, do you have a favourite supplier?

Best Regards

John

Thanks for that, I have sent for the book, should have looked.

I guess road wheels and Steeing wheel is the priority, but the seats actually are quite good, but I guessed were not original, do you have a favourite supplier?

Best Regards

John

TR Shop 02089956621 do a good deal on wheels and they may even have a choice of steering wheels including original type. MX5 seats are the usual favourite upgrade as well.

Stuart