TR3 front inner wings.

Hi Folks,

I am now well into repairs to my recently acquired TR3. The chassis is repaired and primed and I am now starting the front bulkhead and inner wing repairs.

It seems obvious from the pristine state of the front apron that this has not been fitted all its life since, although it has evidence of the original colour underneath, it does not carry the many many colour changes the rest of the car has seen. In addition there are a couple of crudely bashed indents on the front inner wings just aft of where the headlights are positioned, and I am pretty sure this was because the 3A needed these indents as lights were set further back . Am I right? Ergo my 3 had a 3a front apron on it for many years and was at some point changed back to the 3 apron. My question is this..Am I correct in saying there should be no indents whatsoever in the small mouth TR3 front inner wings.. a picture would be useful if this is only half the story ...

Many thanks in advance

Thanks John, just the picture job done