Silent block bushes

I am in the process of rebuilding the steering on my "2" I have the Delrin bushes from Moss to replace the soggy rubber silent block bushes.

The question is, are these pressed in or how are they installed. Do you have to ream the steering arm first?

I need to replace both steering idler arms due to some moronic DIY repairs by persons unknown 30 odd years ago. Both tapers appear to be goosed.

Rod

Hi Rodbr,

The Delrin bushes supplied by TRF have an instruction sheet in the package. "Press out the old, press in the new." The rules are as follows.

*Remove old bush and pin completely, including steel outer sleeve that is pressed into the centre tie rod.

*Press the Delrin bush into the centre tie rod holes until the upper edge of the bush is flush with the top. The bush will then protrude through the lower side of the rod.

*Install the Delrin thrust washer onto the pin.

*Insert the pin with the Delrin thrust washer in place into the hole in the centre tie rod from the top.

*Mount the centre tie rod to the steering box and idler arms.

*Secure with steel washer and nyloc nut and torquethe nut to 26-28 lb/ft.

Regards,

John

Hi Rodbr,

The Delrin bushes supplied by TRF have an instruction sheet in the package. "Press out the old, press in the new." The rules are as follows.

*Remove old bush and pin completely, including steel outer sleeve that is pressed into the centre tie rod.

*Press the Delrin bush into the centre tie rod holes until the upper edge of the bush is flush with the top. The bush will then protrude through the lower side of the rod.

*Install the Delrin thrust washer onto the pin.

*Insert the pin with the Delrin thrust washer in place into the hole in the centre tie rod from the top.

*Mount the centre tie rod to the steering box and idler arms.

*Secure with steel washer and nyloc nut and torquethe nut to 26-28 lb/ft.

Regards,

John

I fitted these things and had to relieve the the surface of the cross bar to ease off the interference when the taper pins were tightened into place. I told Moss at the time.

Other than that the job's a good'n.

Peter W