Anyone out there know weather its possible to convert a Vitesse 1600 Head to work on an early TR6 Pi?

If not has anyone got a Spare Head they want to sell me, thats been pressure tested and is all ok

Regards

Steve

Anyone out there know weather its possible to convert a Vitesse 1600 Head to work on an early TR6 Pi?

If not has anyone got a Spare Head they want to sell me, thats been pressure tested and is all ok

Regards

Steve

hi i have a cr cylinder head. it has been skimmed valves lapped but never fitted.

no springs fitted .bit i can give you a set off single springs etc. or fit you old ones.£125

i can email more photos .

richard

Vitesse 1600 head definitely no use at all for several reasons. Also not the Mk1 2L for several reasons and in fact even the 2L Mk2 series, although they will physically fit and accept the manifolds, have a much shallow combustion chamber which will give a destructively high compression ratio when used on a 2.5.

It is possible to start with any of the 2.5 heads though but note that a couple of them have smaller exhaust valves (not necessarily a disadvantage if planning unleaded inserts)

You may find this link useful. Note the different head thicknesses.

http://www.triumphclub.co.nz/technical.html

Cheers

Nick

Hi Richard,

I'm very intrested in this head your offering me, my email address is sdenton6880@hotmail.co.uk

Dont worry about the springs, I've still got the ones from my 150bhp head

Has it been pressure/crack tested?

Does anyone know would a CR head make any diffirece to the bhp on a on a CP engine. would it affect it in any way?

Regards

Steve

Edited by steved69tr6