2 steps forward and three steps back

After frabbing away today and fitting the fuel lines down the chassis, getting the exhaust on, I then found nowhere to bolt the OS exhaust bracket hangar to?

Anyway on with the body, the fronts lined up but the back wont, see boot pic.

DSC04498.jpg

its too far left, will it centre, not a chance.

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

Pics of both rear body mountings, there isnt room for manoever.

So tomorrow its off with the body and I will have to cut around the edges of the new chassis brackets, bugger.

Unless you know different of course.

After frabbing away today and fitting the fuel lines down the chassis, getting the exhaust on, I then found nowhere to bolt the OS exhaust bracket hangar to?

Anyway on with the body, the fronts lined up but the back wont, see boot pic.

DSC04498.jpg

its too far left, will it centre, not a chance.

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

Pics of both rear body mountings, there isnt room for manoever.

So tomorrow its off with the body and I will have to cut around the edges of the new chassis brackets, bugger.

Unless you know different of course.

Pete thats quite often par for the course. I always try the brackets on the chassis first as I have found some major discrepancy's with them. You could as a last resort bend the ears on the body brackets and also grind some of the ears down on the chassis brackets till it fits. (Before anyone winges it isnt going to take any strength out of the mount). When refitting just get a couple of bolts on each floor mount first as you may have enough movement overall then to get everything lined up as the floor holes are much larger than the bolts.

Stuart.

Stuart thanks for that I must say the chassis is brilliant, and I suppose I should have tried it on before painting.

will trim 1/4" from around the brackets which will solve the problem.

Pete thats quite often par for the course. I always try the brackets on the chassis first as I have found some major discrepancy's with them. You could as a last resort bend the ears on the body brackets and also grind some of the ears down on the chassis brackets till it fits. (Before anyone winges it isnt going to take any strength out of the mount). When refitting just get a couple of bolts on each floor mount first as you may have enough movement overall then to get everything lined up as the floor holes are much larger than the bolts.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

Why? is it par for the course :blink: I have never had to do that

Hi Stuart

Why? is it par for the course :blink: I have never had to do that

The body mounts that weld onto the floor/inner sill have been a bit random in their sizing just lately ;) especially the rears some of them arent wide enough to go down over the chassis and I have also noticed the CTM chassis mounts can be a tad wider than original on the "ear" section. Nothing wrong in that but it does pay to check all these things first.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

The body mounts that weld onto the floor/inner sill have been a bit random in their sizing just lately ;) especially the rears some of them arent wide enough to go down over the chassis and I have also noticed the CTM chassis mounts can be a tad wider than original on the "ear" section. Nothing wrong in that but it does pay to check all these things first.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart

That's one for the memory bank ;) Poor Pete body on body off :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, just checked the mounts on my chassis, an unrepaired original. The ears are much smaller and tapered as well. Glad to see you are in that stage of restoration now. Best regards, Markus

Hi Markus, body is on now, no wings or doors yet but PI system I got from Johnny is almost fully installed, I got a tank locally with 2 return feeds in it and the swirl pot in the bottom so am hoping I dont need an auxiliary fuel Tank, I want to get it running before repairing my wings and doors etc,hope the TR7 is well Best regards Peter

PS if you have 2 spare stanpart front wings let me know!