Alloy wheels

AFAIK, Minilites were never an original option (steel or wires only). As to what's available, as well as Minilite replicas, I know Rimmers offer a Revolution alloy. Of course you could use anything with a pcd, offset and width that fits. For info on offset, do a search on this forum - there was a discussion a few months ago. If you plan on going for anything over the original width, it would be a good idea to find somebody who has them fitted, or to do a trial fit to be sure.

If my wallet can stand the pain, I think the splined minilites are somewhere in my car's future...

John

If my wallet can stand the pain, I think the splined minilites are somewhere in my car's future...

Why go for the splined ones with the inherent problems of spline wear & adapters coming loose? Are rapid wheel changes an issue?

Andy,

No, I just like the look - purely a personal thing (like the non-original colour I painted the car).

But now you mention it, I suppose knock-ons would be less susceptible to theft - especially if you have octagonal spinners. Hardly a good reason for an objective person to go for splines, but if you've already decided, then a convincing argument ;)

John

Mike,

there are quite a few choices but be carefull with the hub offset as some will foul on the front caliper. I would go for 6J rims as this allows 195/65 (or larger) section tyres which fill the wheel arches better than the maximum 185/65 section tyres on 5 1/2J rims. Personally, I think Minilites suit the car particularly well.

At the risk of bringing down a heap of scorn on myself, I'll just point out again that Avon say (on their website) that their 205/65R15 can be fitted to a 5.5" rim. Richard's still right - a wider rim is certainly desirable. But you do have the option.

On the subject of offset - if memory serves, the TR6 requires 0.25".

John