Tr250 replacement hood (soft top)

Hi guys, I am fitting a new hood to my TR250. I have followed the instructions to the letter, but I find that the new material is about 1 inch short over the top at the front. Also I noticed that the strengthening section that fits over the cross bar above the drivers head is about 1.5 inches to the rear of its correct position. My question is, does the 250 have a different size of hood to its British counterpart. Does anyone know the size of a well fitting hood. If possible can anyone measure theirs for me. I have spaced my bars with new webbing at 12.25 for the front and 10.0 for the rear. Many thanks in anticipation, best wishes, John.

Hi guys, I am fitting a new hood to my TR250. I have followed the instructions to the letter, but I find that the new material is about 1 inch short over the top at the front. Also I noticed that the strengthening section that fits over the cross bar above the drivers head is about 1.5 inches to the rear of its correct position. My question is, does the 250 have a different size of hood to its British counterpart. Does anyone know the size of a well fitting hood. If possible can anyone measure theirs for me. I have spaced my bars with new webbing at 12.25 for the front and 10.0 for the rear. Many thanks in anticipation, best wishes, John.

Hi John

They are the same you may find this useful

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/TR6Top/TR6SoftTop.htm

Hi Neil,

many thanks for this link, it is full of tips but has not really pointed me in the right direction, I y need measurements from a finished car. cheers John

My hood is down and tonneau on at the moment....i'll get it erected and send you the measurements later........ :o

John

John,

I have measured my hood from the outside, from the front middle of the clamp down strip it's 360mm to the first bar, another 300mm to the middle, and another 250mm to the rearmost bar..... I hope this helps, but I doubt it!...... you just need to arrange the webbing straps to match your hood seams.....I'm pretty sure that my hood is not really designed for a 250 specifically, but it's mohair and with no stretch at all, very tricky to fit. If yours is vinyl you should get some stretch when warmed up well with a fan heater inside.....?

john

Hi Johnny,

many many thanks for your info. it is very much appreciated. I have used your figures to find my error and have got the new hood (canvas) to fit a treat. It is very tight and hopefully will remain so. I looked at it again (12hrs LATER)and it looks better still. I would also like to offer thanks to the others who have helped, you know who you are, what at great facility this forum is for we who are technically challenged. Keep up the good work guys. best wishes, John.