Information Wanted

Hi all

Ive recently acquired a TR3 (with TR3a front shroud) which is registered UYM 6 .... its quite an interesting car and one I propose to keep as it has race and rally history from when it was new, but can anyone tell me anything about it ?

I bought it from a man in Newbury who had the car since 1967, bought by him from a friend who had it between 61 and 67 based in London N4, who in turn bought it from a guy who raced it, who he believes was the first owner.

Usual research happening ... the thing with this one is that it has Dunlop disc brakes on the rear and a huge amount of period mods, so in its day it was a very very fast TR.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Hi Tony

Check out Bill Piggot's book, Triumph by name, Triumph by nature,- on page 143 there is a picture taken @ goodwood of a sidescreen TR fitted with a slightly re arranged TR3A front panel, the reg no is attributed to UYM 8 however the printed picture is not that clear. (Does your car have exterior door handles?)

I look forward to watching you throw this TR3 around on the Tour of Cheshire!

Incidently I briefly drove UYM 10 ('58 TR3A) when owned by John Williams @ the 2002 International.

Kind regards

Andrew

Edited by brydon
Hi all

Ive recently acquired a TR3 (with TR3a front shroud) which is registered UYM 6 .... its quite an interesting car and one I propose to keep as it has race and rally history from when it was new, but can anyone tell me anything about it ?

I bought it from a man in Newbury who had the car since 1967, bought by him from a friend who had it between 61 and 67 based in London N4, who in turn bought it from a guy who raced it, who he believes was the first owner.

Usual research happening ... the thing with this one is that it has Dunlop disc brakes on the rear and a huge amount of period mods, so in its day it was a very very fast TR.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Tony

Maybe worth a phone call to Darryl at Racetorations he just might know the car