There are plenty of old 7s around, very few terminal 8s, at least in the UK and Europe.

If you're going to build a kitcar, either do it legitimately and declare it and register on a Q-plate, or don't talk about it - especially on a public forum . . . .

If anyone has ever managed to add overdrive to an LT77 box then it's an impressive feat of engineering and a new one on me. It's also pointless and unnecessary, given the power and torque of a V8.

Cheers,

Alec

There are plenty of old 7s around, very few terminal 8s, at least in the UK and Europe.

If you're going to build a kitcar, either do it legitimately and declare it and register on a Q-plate, or don't talk about it - especially on a public forum . . . .

If anyone has ever managed to add overdrive to an LT77 box then it's an impressive feat of engineering and a new one on me. It's also pointless and unnecessary, given the power and torque of a V8.

Cheers,

Alec

Would it have to be "Q" plated if you re-shell a rotten or teRminal car?

If it's that much grief i will just go out and get a TR7.

Thanks

Hi WLH,

not wishing to repeat a periodic topic . . . . see the link below, and from the bottom of this DVLA page you can follow on to their other relevant pages. All pretty logical thinking on their part, you'll see what they're getting at I'm sure.

The DVLA staff not unhelpful when it comes to classics, sometimes they bend over backwards to assist, but they can also come down like a ton of bricks on the odd characters who try and take the mick. The difference between restoration and cloning.

Given the relatively helpful approach to classics and customs, compared to many other European countries, I'd suggest that on balance it's a good thing to try and play ball with DVLA. In the UK we can do things which are simply not possible in much of the EC, so let's try and keep it that way ! :rolleyes:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Buyin...icle/DG_4022486

Cheers,

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle

Hi WHL,

pics can't be attached via the Forum messaging service, but in any case they're hardly relevant given the condition of the shell.

Meanwhile I've put some notes on the original Buy Sell Trade post . . . .

If you do find yourself a decent TR7, by all means get in touch. I will be sorting out more than a few TR7 and V8 parts for sale in a few weeks time, but for the moment I have too much to do shifting garages.

Cheers,

Alec

• 3 weeks later...
Hi WLH,

not wishing to repeat a periodic topic . . . . see the link below, and from the bottom of this DVLA page you can follow on to their other relevant pages. All pretty logical thinking on their part, you'll see what they're getting at I'm sure.

The DVLA staff not unhelpful when it comes to classics, sometimes they bend over backwards to assist, but they can also come down like a ton of bricks on the odd characters who try and take the mick. The difference between restoration and cloning.

Given the relatively helpful approach to classics and customs, compared to many other European countries, I'd suggest that on balance it's a good thing to try and play ball with DVLA. In the UK we can do things which are simply not possible in much of the EC, so let's try and keep it that way ! :rolleyes:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Buyin...icle/DG_4022486

Cheers,

Alec

HI just bought 2 tr7 with v8 and decided to sell one

she runs .

but the body work is not , anybody know how much she is worth .

many thanks

got the old sd1 engine