Surrey Top

Hi all

Dont forget that you need to add the cost of stripping, repairing (and you will need to ... and its not easy repairs on surrey tops usually, particularly if threads are snapped, alloy cracked etc. etc.. or seams rusted on lids) and priming etc. BEFORE you get to the point where you can think about the colour of the paint. This all costs money and needs to be taken into account when you are assessing what a surrey top is worth.

Ive never been in the fortunate enough position in all my over 15 years of TR4 ownership to buy one I could bolt straight on in the correct colour, but TR Bitz sold such a unicorn in red maybe a year ago for £2200 (alloy lid) ...... to a man with a red car in the same shade and a large wad. That must be the top money, but it would not buy one done from scratch.

Regards

Tony

If it is that good all he will need is this http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/product_di...uctID=RTR6139BK but he will have to modifiy the screen frame

;)

Hi Neil,

I bought the backlight off ebay,and am collecting it next week.I know the contributors say I've paid too much ,but it looks in really good nick so if it as described I 'm happy.I could do with a hand though sourcing those little finishing off bits you were telling me about at Cadwell.

Cheers

Phil