Hello All,

I am currently half way in the restoration of my 250. The chassis done& rebuilt& the bodyshell is in the paintshop so most of the hard work is done. The question I ask is which way does the air filter fit?. When I trial fit this unit the air vents in the end in the filter housing fit to the rear of the engine which seems wrong to me. I thought that the air vents should fit to the front of the engine to collect incoming air via the front radiator grille. Am I missing something? or do I have the wrong air filter housing.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter

Hope you are keeping well... I take you are referring to the original type 'oval' filter housing that covers both carb inlets with the two air inlets at one end?

We have had a Spit and a GT6 with this type of air filter arrangement and on both the inlets pointed fowards - I believe they would have had plastic tubing going to near the grille originally so as to introduce as cooler air as possible... I still have one in the garage going spare!

All the best

Hi Peter

Hope you are keeping well... I take you are referring to the original type 'oval' filter housing that covers both carb inlets with the two air inlets at one end?

We have had a Spit and a GT6 with this type of air filter arrangement and on both the inlets pointed fowards - I believe they would have had plastic tubing going to near the grille originally so as to introduce as cooler air as possible... I still have one in the garage going spare!

All the best

Hi Peter

All the best

Ian

I have sent you a pm

Peter