Original Pressure Plate?

Was there a specific brand of pressure plate used on the TR5, or was it a mix lot?

It appears that Laycock seems to be the preferred brand as its got the smoothest (least resistant) release, but I also believe that the others (Borg & Beck) had higher spring rates. I guess my question is: given the higher HP of the CP motors, was there a particular brand used on these engine due to the higher HP rating??

Thanks all for the help,

Dan

Dan, I was told that Laycock was OE on the TR% and early 6 but that they are really hard to come by now. There is only "New Old Stock" available. The probelm with NOS is that if it isn't stored correctly it will deteriorate.

Hi Dan,

Well there are many opinions here but I think that the Laycock is the one to have, OK In order to get one you will need one in PX I think . Try Revington TR if you have a laycock to exchange. If not a B& B does I think work so maybe no problems. Do change the thrust bearing for the larger Toyo bearing though but be sure to fit the TR4a adjustable slave sylinder actuator as well ..

Cheers hopr this helps