TR 7 car seats

I am looking for some suggestions to replace car seat in my TR7 FHC. I was thinking of either MX5 or MGTF seates as I assume they would be narrow enough to fit the TR7. Has any one any suggestion if these will fit the runner base before I rush out and buy a pair. I did fit new foam to the seats some four years ago but now find I get back ache on longer journeys these days. :(

Kevin

I am looking for some suggestions to replace car seat in my TR7 FHC. I was thinking of either MX5 or MGTF seates as I assume they would be narrow enough to fit the TR7. Has any one any suggestion if these will fit the runner base before I rush out and buy a pair. I did fit new foam to the seats some four years ago but now find I get back ache on longer journeys these days. :(

Kevin

Hi Kevin

The MGTF seats will fit in the & but you have to adapt the frame to fit the runners this involves some cutting and weldingb but unfortunatly I have lost the details now of the set up.

What colour seats are you looking for as have a pair of leather Mg seats for sale and will accept a reasonable offer for them :rolleyes:

Cheers

Moe

Kevin

Hi Kevin

The MGTF seats will fit in the & but you have to adapt the frame to fit the runners this involves some cutting and weldingb but unfortunatly I have lost the details now of the set up.

What colour seats are you looking for as have a pair of leather Mg seats for sale and will accept a reasonable offer for them :rolleyes:

Cheers

Moe

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone do a spacer kit to lift the seat runners say about 25 to 30mm?

I have a leg muscle weakness and the seat height squab is critical to getting out of the car more easily. At the moment I am using a foam cushion which is not as comfortable as the squab to sit on.

• 11 months later...

I have a set of TR7 seat frame spacers.

I made the spacers to fit Recarro seats onto the original frame. The spacers fit onto the TR seat frame with heavy gauge steel cross beams which can be drilled to suit the seat.

I no longer have a use for them as i have reverted back to my original seats.

If anybody wants them, please PM me and we discuss money etc

Phil

• 5 weeks later...

My TR7 is a long way from the road, but I have bought a pair of Rover 220 coupe seats for mine, I have an 800 Vitesse (parked up for quite a while now) with a good interior but when I measured the seats I thought they were a bit wide for the TR7. The big question is how much trouble is it to fit the Vitesse engine :)