Pictures of the brake switch

I've received two PMs about the brake switch solution in my TR. It appeared that I didn't have sharp and explaining pics of the solution. So here are two that I've taken earlier today. If you need additional info, just ask!

Have a nice weekend!

Menno

P1040506.jpg

P1040508.jpg

The electric brake switch I installed is basically the same. But mine is a tiny little microswitch mounted onto a piece of thin sheet-metal. When I step on the brake pedal, the drop-arm moves away from the "normally-open" switch and the contact closes so the rear red lights come on. It works just the same way. But I like the robust design of the one you installed. Like Frank, mine is a back-up. I use the hydraulic switch and should that one fail again (about 5 in the last 19 summers (100,000 miles) of mostly "dry" driving), all I have to do is slide a connector together under the dash-board and I have rear lights working again. I remember that while I was at TRA in Williamsburg Virginia at the annual TRA National Meet (Bill Piggott was my navigator when we won the fun rally) in 1996, my hydraulic brake switch was becoming intermittant. So on the trip home (about 800 miles of day-time driving) I used the only temporary method I could think of at that time. I pulled the parking light switch on each time I wanted the car behind me to see the rear red lights come on and so he would know I was putting my foot on the brake.