Ignition Key - getting another one

All,

Picked up my (new to me) TR7 FDC today and had a great trip halfway across the country in rain, wind, sunshine you name it.

Now I've only got one set of keys - how do I go about geting a new ignition key cut?

thanks

Riggar

Hi Riggar,

A decent locksmith or some of the shoe mender/key cutters should be able to help you. Other than that try some of the Triumph parts dealers.

If you want to take the risk of having a key cut by number - the heritage certificate normally included these.

Cheers

Ian

I had the same problem & found that I could not obtain matching blanks from the local key shops. I obtained one set of blanks via Ebay - if I recall correctly the seller was in Stevenage and the other set I purchased from a supplier in USA. If you are unable to locate a source email me on h.brissenden (at) clara.co.uk & I will look up the details of the USA suppliers

Happy motoring

Further to my last post, the ebay key came from mgee_fan & the email address for the american supplier is

gpr@key-men.com

Both keys fitted the locks on my '81 TR7 OK

Howard

Thanks for the info guys - right now the chap at Asda key cutting stall is on the case. His 1st go looked fine but didn't turn in the barrel. He now says he needed to order a special blank - so I'll let you know how he gets on.

R

• 3 weeks later...