Circuit of Ireland October 2004

Are there any other Tr rally cars out there willing to form a team of 3 (or teams of 3) for this event in October (8th to 10th).

There is a probable deal with the CoC on multiple entries and I can say that its an event worth doing - £500 covers the whole thing bar bit you snap....

Add you post here and if there is enough interest (you know who you are .... ) then Ill get in touch the the UAC and sort something.

Regards

Tony

PS ring me on 01252 629710 if you want to discuss / be persuaded ........ or see the article in TRaction this month - I also have an uncut version and more pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest RJSTR4A

Tony,

Can you let me have the website address or contact details please?

Also .... is this the event that has "Autotests" (i.e. driver only special tests) or is it the regular format with both driver and navigator in the car at all times?

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

try www.uac@dircon.co.uk or type in ulster automobile club to your search engine.

there is a letter from Terence (the guy who sat with me) in this months mag.

The rally is about 22 tests over 3 days with about 300 miles on regularity and 200ish on transit in Ireland - I did 1700 miles home to event to home. Its abut as long as the HERO thing but about 20% of the cost and the results are decided on who does best, not on your ability to pay (did I just say that ???????)

Best regards

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Terence

I was that navigator, brave or what ?  Any of you guys are welcome here in Ireland for this event. I heard yesterday from a pal that he met 3 guys on the plane home to Belfast, they were from a well known UK commercial rally organiser coming here to recce for a rally in N.Ireland, they've realised that the trubbles have been over for 5 years now - no doubt they'll use our great stages from the 70's Circuit which have been unseen by normal mortal visitors for years, and they'll charge you two grand plus for the pleasure. Come and do our Retro, a club event for an entry under 200 quid plus hotel (deal) plus ferry (deal) plus booze (talk to the barman).  Tony's only been here once and like most people, seems keen to do it again!

Terence :P  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Robert .... its a blast ..... if I can get half of them right anyone can ..... ask Terence .... he was waving his arms around for most of them willing me on ! and I stilled wrong slotted.!!!!!

Regards

Tony

Robert .... its a blast ..... if I can get half of them right anyone can ..... ask Terence .... he was waving his arms around for most of them willing me on ! and I stilled wrong slotted.!!!!!

Regards

Tony

Guest Terence

Robert,

The driving tests are driver only. The only 'navigator-in' tests are blind tests - you can't walk them - and the diagram is shoved at the navigator 5 secs before off, he has to talk you round! Generally only one funny wonder like this per event. They can run selectives, which can be fun.  Regular tests here are autotests, so there's reversing, handbrakes, nosethrows etc.  You'll have no problem if you bother to look at the diagram and walk the test in good time. The trick is to get it right, doesnt matter about the time so long as you don't get a max. -  as Tony now knows after a bit of reminding !!

Cheers

Terence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I think were a team;

Ade and Andy in a Red TR4;

Mark and John in a white TR4;

Terence and I in my blue TR4;

I feel and italian job thing coming on but im not sure whether my rear springs could go through the thumps again.

Are we on for it then? Im in Belfast on the 8th so Ill make the right enquiries !

Let me know.

Regards

Tony

PS One more pair of trick shocks may come my way in about July - Mark are you interested ?

Guest mrodbert

Tony,

Love the Italian job theme. Jon and I are definitely planing to be there.

Trick shocks - as we've replaced all 4 on our TR in the last 6 months, probably not, but maybe we can be convinced. Probably need an anti-roll bar first.

Mark

When are the regs out Tony?

I'm not sure Ade will make it as we can't both be off work for a week together but I may have found a suitable replacement, been navvying on and off since 1967, did the Motoring News championship several years running and amazingly lives just up the road! Even more amazing has a barn find 1963 Elva Courier to restore - now that sounds like fun!

cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

Ill check with my local yokel this weekend (Hi T) - as i remember the regs are out in Augustish but i dont ever recall seeing them ....

Also its a trip over on e Thursday pm , back Monday pm so 3 working days will cover the whole event if you stay soberish on the Sunday night. I wave to you from the bar ....

Regards

Tony