Distributor Springs

Hi Guys & Gals, I had a recent parts delivery from Moss and as it was a nice sunny day here I decided to change the distributor springs, service pack TT1903. I have a TR3a TS25486L. I could not find a model on the distributor but the part No. is 40480A.

Five springs are supplied and none of them bear any resemblance to the 2 springs that I removed. Have I got the right springs, if so what ones do I use out of the 5 ?

Hopefully someone will have had this problem before.

Regards

Peter C

The distributor doctor will fit the correct springs, overhaul the entire distributor and set it up on his workshop jig. After this your car will start and run like never before. He has all the corrct springs and is very good at it. This overhaul made such an enormous difference to my enjoyment of the car that I am always talking about it. My distributor was overhauled previously in the 80's and has been running with the wrong springs for 20 years, and no advance and retard.

Send your entire unit to Martin Jay and acheive some satisfaction in this sea of new parts that do not work.

The distributor doctor will fit the correct springs, overhaul the entire distributor and set it up on his workshop jig. After this your car will start and run like never before. He has all the corrct springs and is very good at it. This overhaul made such an enormous difference to my enjoyment of the car that I am always talking about it. My distributor was overhauled previously in the 80's and has been running with the wrong springs for 20 years, and no advance and retard.

Send your entire unit to Martin Jay and acheive some satisfaction in this sea of new parts that do not work.

Peter, Cannot speak highly enough of Martin a.k.a. Distributor Doctor - my TR3 was running poorly and after he rebuilt my unit the difference is and was amazing. Don't waste money and time getting parts for your distributor send it to Martin - you won't regret it. Make sure that you describe your engine clearly, camshaft timing cylider capacity etc. so Martin can rebuild your distibutor to your engine's requirements.