Master CYLINDERS

Tr3a Master Cylinders,

Having stripped both clutch and brake master cylinders I find one of the internal springs broken and the gauge of the metal used is thicker in one cylinder than the other. Whilst at the show I met a member who kindly sent me a scrap cylinder which I stripped and fitted in the unit with the broken light gauge spring. A local "expert " tells me that the clutch cylinder should be fitted with the lighter spring is this correct. If our parts books are to be believed both cylinders are the same therefore one can assume the springs are correct. Can anyone help on this point ?

I bought two new springs from Moss in California. They came in clear plastic bags with the green LUCAS labels. The bags are marked "Spring 64673425, Made in UK 19/97", also Moss USA "# 582-065" and "510815A Girling Master Cyl".

They measure 3.312" free length with 0.572" OD and 11 coils made from 0.055" diameter wire.

I bought two new springs from Moss in California. They came in clear plastic bags with the green LUCAS labels. The bags are marked "Spring 64673425, Made in UK 19/97", also Moss USA "# 582-065" and "510815A Girling Master Cyl".

They measure 3.312" free length with 0.572" OD and 11 coils made from 0.055" diameter wire.

Thanks Don I will check those details tomorrow John A.

Tr3a Master Cylinders,

Having stripped both clutch and brake master cylinders I find one of the internal springs broken and the gauge of the metal used is thicker in one cylinder than the other. Whilst at the show I met a member who kindly sent me a scrap cylinder which I stripped and fitted in the unit with the broken light gauge spring. A local "expert " tells me that the clutch cylinder should be fitted with the lighter spring is this correct. If our parts books are to be believed both cylinders are the same therefore one can assume the springs are correct. Can anyone help on this point ?