MOSS Alternator Conversion

My Moss alternator conversion arrived today. So stripped out the dynamo and went to fit. Guess what, it doesn't.

Has anyone fitted the Moss Alternator conversion?

The bottom front mounting hole is threaded, where as the dynamo's was not. Also the spacer for the rear mounting is too short.

I don't want to start to modify things if I don't have to.

Regards Jack.

My Moss alternator conversion arrived today. So stripped out the dynamo and went to fit. Guess what, it doesn't.

Has anyone fitted the Moss Alternator conversion?

The bottom front mounting hole is threaded, where as the dynamo's was not. Also the spacer for the rear mounting is too short.

I don't want to start to modify things if I don't have to.

Regards Jack.

I suggest you talk to Moss tech department. Jeff Marks will be able to help you.

Stuart.

This is the Moss kit on my TR4- difficult to photograph the bottom fixings, but it went together well once I had sussed out the bits.

Rod

Thanks for the photo's Rod

Just talked to Jeff Marks, The only mod they do to the alternator, is to turn the top mounting plate around, to allow for the correct fitting.

This means the pedestal and adjuster mounts swap position. Having the threaded hole now in the pedestal position and the smooth bore at the adjuster posion. The pedestal hole will need to be drilled. The rear mount spacer tube should move to the correct position when the bolt is tightened.

Regards Jack