Hi All

I see Marko has a tonneau for a 5/early 6 for sane on ebay

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between this & one for a 4A

And now to the stupid part. Has anyone any thoughts as to an alternative method of fixing the cover along the top of the doors.

I do dot want to drill the doors & fit the press stud bases as I think these look dreadful.

I would only use a cover when parked to keep the local seagulls from using the interior as their private privy.

I have been considering flexible magnets sewn into the cover but any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Dave

If you're using the tonneau cover only to fight seagull poop when parked, you won't need the studs on the doors. The interior will be covered if it's properly fixed around the rear and on the top of the dash, unless the seagulls are unusually agressive and somewhat flexible. You do probably need the snap right at the front edge of the door by the windshield to keep the rain out.

I can't recall the difference between TR6 and TR4A tonneau covers, but make sure you don't get one for a TR4, which has Lift-the-Dots around the back rather than snap fasteners. Generally speaking, TR4s and TR4As have snap fasterners on the dash, while TR6s and TR250s have Lift-the-Dots, but these are easy to change to suit whatever is on the cover. Eventually, you may want to keep the tonneau cover over the passenger side when you're driving on your own with the top down. You would then need the snaps on the doors plus the strap in the middle fastened to the Lift-the-Dot stud on the passenger seat.

Hi All

And now to the stupid part. Has anyone any thoughts as to an alternative method of fixing the cover along the top of the doors.

I do dot want to drill the doors & fit the press stud bases as I think these look dreadful.

I would only use a cover when parked to keep the local seagulls from using the interior as their private privy.

I have been considering flexible magnets sewn into the cover but any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

Provided you won't drive with the tonneau on as you said, make two clean apertures (with metal eye-rings for esthetics ans sturdiness, one at the front and one at the end of the door region in the tonneau. Pass an elastic black strap in each eye and fix a hook at the other end. The hooks catch the wheel arches and the whole system is snugly fit by the tension of the strap.

Simpler: the front strap catches the side view mirror (no hook then). Good only if located close to the windshield.

You will have the first TR ever with a garter belt, but as a Brit I'm sure you will be proud the become all of a sudden a "Knight of the jarretière".

Cheers,

My 4A has the studs on the doors but I have no tonneau. I have to say I am totally unaware of their presence as is anyone else who is more than 12 inches away. I quite like knowing that I have the option to fit a tonneau and drive with it on, should I wish.

Andy

Thanks for the opinions chaps.

I started to get quite excited about Badfrogs garterbelt idea until i realised how difficult it could be to get seagull **** out of stretchy black lace. It was bad enough last year when they managed to do some low level bombing runs and fire the **** through the radiator grille.

Also how do I explain to the wife why I'm disappearing into the garage with ladies underwear.

I think some experimentation is in order

Dave

Thanks for the opinions chaps.

I started to get quite excited about Badfrogs garterbelt idea until i realised how difficult it could be to get seagull **** out of stretchy black lace. It was bad enough last year when they managed to do some low level bombing runs and fire the **** through the radiator grille.

Also how do I explain to the wife why I'm disappearing into the garage with ladies underwear.

I think some experimentation is in order

Dave

By all means, keep us posted.... :lol: